Back to School Means Back to Fighting for Equity
With back-to-school season approaching fast, we are reminded that inequity—as regards race, class, sex, gender, and ability—exists in some shape or form at every school.
At Deed, we believe that, despite these serious challenges, the classroom remains a place of possibility. That’s why this August, we are highlighting nonprofits that advocate for more effective, inclusive, and empowering education across the world.
Education is our “Cause of the Month” for August because we think that our Deed community can lead the charge for more effective and inclusive schools in 2022 and beyond. Now we invite you to take action by giving and volunteering, through education and engagement, at work, home, and in your community.
Our Education toolkit includes:
- Volunteer and giving opportunities in the US and around the world
- In-depth look at specific cause areas, including: women and girls’ education, learning disabilities, youth LGBTQIA+, and more
- A calendar of awareness days (like World Distance Learning Day on August 21)
- Employee and ERG engagement ideas, as well as a walkthrough of how to craft your campaign
- Recommendations of worthwhile books, podcasts, and films on education
Unlock our August “Cause of the Month” Education toolkit now: